TrippingOnWords wins *Blogspot's Blog of Note* and *Bestest Blog of the Day*
Thursday, July 13, 2006
THING 11: Indian Food A-Go-Go
"All Indian Food All The Time" Is my new motto. I have three meals a day of the stuff. I am not exaggerating. Savory breakfast has taken on a new meaning.

Happiily, this is very good news for me, as this food is AMAZING. And very veggie-friendly which works for this ol' lifelong vegetarian.

So it was not at all difficult for me to help pass on some love in the form of food (and not in the emotional eating sense) as prescribed by our LiTTS correspondent as per the Hıllary Swank story. So, I did a couple of things.

1. Gave away massive amount of restaurant leftovers to a particularly sad looking beggar. He seemed old and really really hungry. We had a major language barrier issue, but his amputated leg jumped around a little, so I think he was excited. I figured I was doing my bit by feeding him, and by not only giving money/food/positive karma to the young and cute beggars out there. It is sad but true...they just make more.

2. Bought a round of chai at one of the many friendly local tea stands. At 5 rupees (about ten cents a pop) these shot glasses o' goodness are fully worth every bit. Plus I made some friends...including the friendly local elephant that was chillin' with all the old men just jonesin' for some tea.

Pictures are coming...but internet cafe technology is not quite what it could be right now...

KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS/STORIES/IDEAS coming!!!!!!!!!
 
posted by Claire and Lara at 6:53 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: