TrippingOnWords wins *Blogspot's Blog of Note* and *Bestest Blog of the Day*
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Thing 10: Whales and Fans
In a true hit of success for positive karmic sources of energy everywhere, best-selling author Karyn Bosnak has posted an entry about our HateToHelp karmic project on her BLOG

The result? An outpouring of good energy, bad ex stories, and enthusiasm from all sides. Thank you thank you thank you to Karyn, loyal readers everywhere, and our newest contributor OOMM of the cool blinky picture. Her inspiring whale story is below (via Karyn's blog)...read on. read on.

HURRAY FOR EX-CLEANSING!!!!!!!!

It wasn't a gift from an ex but a gift FOR an ex. Jeff loved whales and one summer I found a beautiful one that would look amazing in his living room. It was expensive but he was worth it right? I put it away for Christmas but by Christmas he had moved on to some other gal.

I held onto that whale for years, kept it tucked away just in case we ever got back together. Even though I've always been a whale lover (I'm a marine biologist) I could never bring myself to put it out in my own home.

A few years back I had a student working for me who was very dedicated to whale research. She was furnishing a small apartment with what she could salvage here and there while working low paying jobs that furthered the cause for the whales.

I gave her the whale intended for my ex, I told her she could choose to keep it and display it, or if she found it more helpful to sell it and use the funds to help furnish her place she could do that.

I'm not sure which she chose, she's moved on to do research in another part of the country now but I know that it meant more to her than it ever would have meant to him.
 
posted by Claire and Lara at 6:48 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: