TrippingOnWords wins *Blogspot's Blog of Note* and *Bestest Blog of the Day*
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Books For Breakups
Recently, a friend went through a breakup (sad face). When told she should buy It's Called a Break-Up Cuz It's Broken, that funny funny book of fun, she responded with a slightly telling blogpost (or 2), which you can see at her Singaporean Diplomat's Blog.

Here's the text of the first post by the brokenhearted diplomat:

it's called a breakup cause it's broken

I'm sure Claire meant well when she told me to read It's Called A Breakup Because It's Broken but .... reading self-help books give me the heebie-jeebies. It's like the time Vince got me He's Just Not That Into You. That one ended up being stuffed at the bottom of a box somewhere. I'm sorry honey, I know it was meant to be a joke gift but you honestly don't expect me to read it, much less display it on my shelf?

For the record:

1. He is/ They are most definitely into me.

2. I do not need help meeting men or getting over men or advice on how to deal with men.

Yes, I am unhappy, and yes I am miserable at the moment. But it's like blowing your nose. You let it out and you get over it. And speaking of break-up mementos, the last time I kept something like that was K's roses. In one of my fondest memories to date, he showed up the day after we broke up with half a dozen roses, a card and I'm sorry, please let's get back together. No thanks, but I'll keep the roses.

Eventually, they dried out but I kept them in my room and whenever I looked at them, they made me laugh.

And the 2, when Deja Vu kicks in:

At Borders last night:

Wilson: Why're you so glum?
Me: I just broke up.
Wilson: Oh hey, I know just the book for you . It's called It's Called A Brea--
Me: No.
Wilson: But--
Me: No.
 
posted by Claire and Lara at 10:48 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Claire and Lara

    I wonder if anyone will notice that the Behrendt link goes to his myspace. How sad.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Claire and Lara

    I noticed claire...but that's just becuase I admire your linking abilities so much...

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger diana

    in the latest update, an effective cure seems to be extensive small vacations all over southeast asia and running off to italy with another guy.

    some might call this "running away from the problem." but this is not so. the breakup is permanent. therefore we must move on. psychologically, geographically, emotionally.

    in view of the above, traveling and running off with another man constitute acts of self-affirmation.