TrippingOnWords wins *Blogspot's Blog of Note* and *Bestest Blog of the Day*
Friday, July 28, 2006
Thing 15 cont: Tuesdays With Morrie Gets Trashed
The reader who wrote us about the Tuesdays with Morrie book has made a decision about what to do with it. We think a healthy and positive one that cleared out a tiny bit of her mental bookshelf and made way for exciting, new, and actually quality literature.

Dear Claire and Lara,

Having you publish my email helped me to make up my mind.

Thank you!




Thank you Reader Girl!
 
posted by Claire and Lara at 4:52 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You said you recently met up with the boy; when does a boy become a man?

    Many libraries love to take book donations. I doubt they would notice the blank page missing if done with care. I have never heard of anyone having such contempt for a book before. In my opinion, the sentiment comes not from just the inscription, but the story as well. What was the boy's intention in giving you the book with that particular story? That is where the inscription and story become one as a present.

    If owning the book bothers you that much, sack up and tell the boy you didn't like the story and why but you appreciated the thought. Or you could just donate the book and feed him some line to the effect of, "The story was so touching, I gave it to the library so that many others can also enjoy it." It sounds like a total line of BS, so I would say it with what I like to call a "shit eating smile". That's just my opinion though.